Whenever we have guests for dinner, I always make dessert! Here is a new recipe I tried recently. Its very simple and perfect for late summer. My hubby liked it so much that he requested it become a "Hickernell staple"; so I guess I'll be making it again soon!
You can download & print the recipe here.
Iced Lemon Cake
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 (3 oz.) box of lemon gelatin
¾ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup water
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Combine gelatin mix and cake mix in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add oil, eggs and water; mix lightly.
3. Bake according to instructions on cake box.
4. Make frosting: combine powdered sugar and lemon juice.
5. When cake is done and still warm, drizzle with frosting. Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar.